Care Indeed provides experienced and compassionate in-home support to families and patients affected by dementia within our communities. Caregivers who are familiar with the delicate nature of dementia and Alzheimer’s strive to care and support each client with patience, empathy and sensitivity.
Care Indeed dementia caregivers encourage clients to maintain as much independence as possible under the safe and careful continuous supervision of the caregiver. Our agency staff and Alzheimer’s caregivers work with each client and their families to set guidelines and attainable goals customized to the needs of each client to stimulate and support their emotional and mental well-being.
Find out more about our home care staff under Caregivers.
Dementia is defined as a progressive impairment of cognitive function that interferes with normal social and occupational activities. Short-term, intermediate and long-term memory may be affected by this disease. Dementia patients experience varying degrees of intellectual reasoning, judgment and communication skills impairments. Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia.
- Provide a safe environment within client home to minimize confusion and prevent injuries
- Modify client routine to optimize client’s time and energy
- Organize & prioritize daily/weekly activities to meet the emotional, physical and social needs specific to each individual
- Apply caregiver skill set, experience and techniques to proactively assist and support the challenges that dementia and Alzheimer’s clients face
- Divide Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) into smaller manageable steps and assist client to execute tasks with patience and consideration of client limitations
- Use communication techniques in a clear and concise manner to minimize confusion and distress
- Uphold and advocate for the dignity, rights and respect of all clients
We at Care Indeed recognize that dementia or Alzheimer’s does not define an individual. Prior to the diagnosis, clients have led productive lives with experiences, accomplishments and contributions to their families and communities. Although the disease process can dramatically impact the life of each client, home dementia care and home Alzheimer’s care can help ease and alleviate the challenges that encompass dementia with a supportive and compassionate approach. Our caring team of caregivers honors our seniors by helping them continue to lead meaningful and active lives to the best of their ability.
Want More Information?