Are you someone who can benefit from the services of a Medical Companion?
Medical professionals can spend only 15 to 30 minutes with each patient these days, so appointments need to be organized in a way that ensures the Senior gets all quality time with their doctor. One way to do that is to present all their concerns and questions in written form at the start of the appointment, along with a list of current medications, so the visit can flow smoothly in limited time. The doctor can scan the questions and concerns and the medications, leaving more quality time to talk with the patient.
What is a Medical Companion?
A Medical Companion is a trustworthy individual who can help listen, take notes, and help you remember what was said during the appointment. He or she will meet with you 30 minutes prior to the appointment in the privacy of your home to do the following:
- Write down the main reason for the appointment (medical exams, screening tests, diagnosis or test results, treatment, new prescription)
- List down any questions or concerns you might want to ask your doctor (symptoms, family history, or exposure to other people who’ve been ill)
- Review all prescription and over-the-counter medications, and supplements, that you are taking, and any allergies you have
- Gather all medications and bring them to the appointment to avoid any confusion
- Make sure that your current insurance information is on file with your doctor’s office
- Establish method of payment to cover your co-pay or deductible.
Would you like to learn more?
Contact us today and benefit from what this service is set up to do. Be prepared for your medical appointments and have more time to ask your doctor questions about your health concerns.
Call us at 650.328.1001.
Send us an email at email@example.com.