Personally Identifiable Information
We may collect personally identifiable information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, fill out a form, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. In connection with the services we provide and the accounts being managed, Users may be asked for, as appropriate or required, name, email address, phone number and credit card information (for billing purposes). The information you provide may also include personal information about the conditions, preferences and needs of the person being cared for. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personally identifiable information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identifiable information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personally identifiable information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web Browser Cookies
How We Use Collected Information
Care Indeed may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide service to our Users, obtain payment and operate our business, including providing necessary information with companies we have contracted with to provide services to Care Indeed, including but not limited to web hosting, security, data processing, accounting, legal, financial, administrative, and customer service, all of whom are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information under written agreements
- To correspond with and coordinate payment by any applicable insurance carrier
- To train, evaluate and advise our care givers and employees
- To communicate and coordinate with people or organizations authorized by our Users, including family members or friends as relevant to the User’s care or payment or for notifications regarding the Users care or condition
- To respond to appropriate requests from any federal, state or local agency or as may be required by law
- To notify appropriate agencies or individuals where necessary to prevent, or in the event of serious threat to health or safety
- To run and operate our Site. We may need your information display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve customer service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site. We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature. To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails. We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to our services. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
How We Protect your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personally identifiable information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personally identifiable information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Protected Health Information
Personally identifiable information collected by Care Indeed, Inc. may include information about your past, present, or future physical or mental health and related health care services. This category of information may be protected under federal law, and will be referred to as “protected health information” or PHI. You have rights related to your PHI in our possession or control if our services are covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). To that extent we will comply with any PHI disclosure rights, obligations, or processes not specified above if required or permitted by law. We will obtain your written authorization before using or disclosing your PHI for purposes other than those provided above or as otherwise permitted or required by law. You may revoke an authorization in writing at any time. Upon receipt of a written revocation, we will stop the use or disclosure covered by the authorization except to the extent of actions already taken in reliance on the authorization.
For information about those rights and how covered entities may use and disclose medical information about you, how you can get access to this information, and other rights under the, please review the HIPPAA Notice of Privacy Practices.
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Review and Request Changes to Personally Identifiable Information
If User needs or desires to change any personally identifiable information (or PHI) maintained by Care Indeed, Inc. This information is maintained in Care Indeed’s “Family Room” for past and current customers and may be changed by Users. User may email the request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Care Indeed’s toll-free number, 1 (877) 504-3822. Any such request will be verified as authentic and the changes must be consistent with and authorized by the User for whom Care Indeed is managing services, or his or her authorized representative, whose authorization is on file with Care Indeed. Any revisions to this information will not have any effect on the other information Care Indeed maintains, as described in this policy. If User believes that his or her personally identifiable information has been altered, disclosed or compromised in any unauthorized way, the User should notify his or her Case Manager or Care Indeed management immediately
Your Acceptance of these Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
“Do Not Track” Signals
The collection, use, and disclosure of your information, as described in this Policy, may continue regardless of whether or not you enable “Do Not Track” functionality on your browser or device.
This document was last updated on, and is effective as of, May 2, 2018.